Here’s what you need to know about the hottest trend in cannabis.
- It won’t get you high. THC is the psychoactive compound that creates the “high” associated with marijuana. CBD’s effect is totally different.
- CBD is in a legal gray area. While it’s no longer a Schedule 1 controlled substance, the FDA has NOT legalized CBD for sale as a supplement.
- CBD is safe and non-habit forming. The World Health Organization has stated that pure CBD is safe for consumption.
- CBD comes in many forms. The most common include oils, tinctures, cosmetics, topical creams, gummies, chocolate, powder and beverages.
- Finally, CBD purportedly helps with anxiety, inflammation, headaches, epilepsy, insomnia, arthritis and a number of other health conditions.
Now you know.
Watch more 3 Things to Know videos here!